Friday, April 13, 2007

Beginners beware of wrong instructions


I was very thin and lean when I was first introduced into working out.I had no idea and had never heard that I could change the way I look by working out. I had never even seen a gym till I was 22. Then started the nonstop suggestions and expert advice from instructors,fitness freaks and hefty guys around.I must admit that I was gullible. But I'm glad and happy that my learnings are more profound because I made those mistakes and found my way out of it. So let me share some of those worst suggestions you will see coming your way, if you are a lean person trying to put on some weight.

Please stay away from these suggestions
  • Drink beer. Lots of it:)
  • Eat lot of sweets and confectionaries.
  • Eat lots of white rice and refined flour.
  • Eat lot of red meat and cheese.
I'm sure you all know what these tips did to me. At 6 ft 1 inch height, it took some time for these tips to put unhealthy mass around and I realized that was not what I had in mind.Since my workouts were also wrong ( which i would share with you in my next blog). These made my face chubby and I did get broader and huge but was definitely not feeling healthy and looking nice.I soon started reading and looking out for a true health and fitness person who could give me the correct tips. Else, I was determined to continue working out and finding out the correct techniques my self. I'm glad I did that because that is helping me today in giving the correct tips to my friends and the ones who seek them. In the next blog, I would share the wrong workouts.

No comments: